The Abyss is a region of Atreia located between Elysea and Asmodae. This area is reserved for higher level characters and end-game purposes because of highly desirable items and rare resources. It is an unpredictable area, with new challenges and opportunities for victory. The Abyss also offers the best place to gain experience, since the creatures provide a greater bonus to the advancement of player characters than those found in other areas.
Abyss points are earned from fighting against the opposing race or opposing NPC guards. These can be gained entered via a rift. The number of Abyss Points earned can be viewed in the Abyss tab of the Character status window. Abyss Points can be lost when killed by enemies in combat. Defeating a higher ranked enemy yields more Abyss Points. Getting defeated by a higher ranked enemy causes you to lose less Abyss Points than defeat by a lower ranked enemy.
|+3 Levels||+2 Levels||+1 Level||Same Level||-1 Level||-2 Levels||-3 Levels||-4 Levels|
|Abyss Rank 9||16||15||14||14||14||14||12||9|
|Abyss Rank 8||16||15||14||14||14||14||12||9|
|Abyss Rank 7||15||14||13||13||13||13||11||9|
|Abyss Rank 6||14||14||13||13||13||13||11||8|
|Abyss Rank 5||14||13||12||12||12||12||10||8|
|Abyss Rank 4||13||12||11||11||11||11||10||7|
|Abyss Rank 3||10||9||8||8||8||8||8||5|
Earning Abyss Points brings several benefits
* Increases your Abyss Rank
* Increases your Legion Contribution Points (if you are a member of a legion)
* Allows you to purchase and wield powerful Abyss Weapons and Armors.
During the Third Closed Beta, the following information was released:
To access the Abyss, you need to complete a mission that is automatically given at level 25. After completing the access mission for the Abyss, use the “Abyss Gates” located in: Elyos at Verteron and Eltenen, Asmodian at Altgard and Morheim, Fortress Sky: Verteron, Altgard, Morheim, Eltnen: Fortress Underground (Under the elevator)
- The Abyss zone is composed of lower, middle and upper sections. Upon entering the Abyss, you will start from your Faction’s bind point in the lower level. These initial bind points are protected by an Aetheric Field that prevents the enemy Faction from passing through with a near-instant death attack.
- The Abyss zone includes monsters of levels 25 ~ 40, plus a total of 9 floating island groups and Fortresses.
- Around the Fortresses are 31 artifacts claimable by defeating their guarding Protectors.
- Each artifact has a particular effect that will help you in Fortress Battles and while adventuring in the Abyss.