The preliminary patch notes for Aion 2.7 are still in the testing phase and it is possible that some changes and items in these patch notes will not make it into the final build. Find out more about new Instances, Items, Pets, Skills, Quests, Abyss, Characters, UI, NPC, Environment:
While pursuing Vanktrist, the intruder that invaded the Crucible Challenge, the Elyos and Asmodians discovered a rift that connects Elysea and Asmodae. It is here, on top of the rift, that the Elyos and Asmodians build the ‘3rd Crucible’. This new arena encourages Daevas to grow stronger and mightier through training that simulates real combat.
Daevas can enter the 3rd Crucible through the Kaisinel Academy and the Marchutan Academy. They will also need an Arena Pass to enter this area, which can be acquired through quests.
- The “3rd Crucible” is a timed instance where players fight each other to the finish. There are 3 rounds of combat, and the instance will end either when the time is up or when one of the players reaches the number of points needed for victory.
- The “3rd Crucible” is divided into two types of arena – Arena of Chaos and Arena of Solitude.
- Players can use their Arena Pass to access the Arena they wish to enter.
- The minimum level to enter this instance is Lev 46. Players can request duels with different people based on his/her character level.
You can only enter the Arena of Chaos and the Arena of Solitude at certain times.
The Arena Passes needed to enter the Arena are acquired via the following quests.
- After acquiring an Arena Pass, a player has 7 days to use it, at which time it will be deleted.
- If you enter the Arena of Chaos or Solitude carrying multiple Arena Passes, the one with the shortest time left on it (see 7 days above) will be used first.
Untradable, Unsellable, Unstorable in Account Warehouse, Unstorable in Legion Warehouse.
This is a entrance pass that lets you participate in the 3rd Crucible’s Arena of Chaos and Arena of Solitude.
- There are a total of 3 rounds.
- Each round has a time limit of 3 minutes. Once the time is up, you will automatically move on to the next round.
- If you change stages or resurrect after dying, your character will receive a temporary “Fighting” revitalizing buff.
(However, should you log out or get disconnected, the buff will disappear.)
- If your character dies and the resurrection wait time is up, you will be resurrected at a location of your choosing.
- No chatting (including chat channels) is allowed in the 3rd Crucible.
In the arena, you can earn points by:
- Killing another player or a spawned monster.
- Gathering gatherables or activating a variety of devices.
- Killing the player who is the highest ranked after 3 rounds. (This player will be Branded to help identify them.)
You will lose points by:
- Dying at the hand of another player, monster or device.
- Dying by falling.
Additionally, characters in the top 10 at the start of the 3 rounds will earn a strengthening buff.
- Ranks are determined in the Arena by adding points acquired during combat with bonus points for time remaining. If two people are tied for points, priority will be given to the player with the most kills.
- Players that leave the Arena during combat or get disconnected from the game during the final tally will not be able to receive any rewards.
- While in the 3rd Crucible, use the Stop button on the upper right hand corner of the screen to “stop” and leave the Arena. (This will disqualify you from receiving any rewards.)
- You cannot use certain skills or items in the 3rd Crucible.
- There are Empty Cannons placed in certain areas of the 3rd Crucible, which players can use.
- Click on the ‘Empty Cannon’ and your character can board it. You will have use of the cannon for a short time, until ‘board mode’ expires.
- You cannot use normal attacks or attack skills. Once you board the cannon, you can only use the cannon’s skills.
– There are training areas of Chaos and Solitude separate from the Arenas in which your character can gain a variety of experience.
– These are practice areas that you can re-enter as many times as you want within a certain time period.
Tiamat’s Army was unable to stop the flood of Daevas into Inggison and Gelkmaros, and the Balaur lost a great deal of territory. Tiamat, concerned for the safety of the Dramata (which gives birth to the Drakan), ordered its transfer to a safer location where it would be concealed from the Elyos and Asmodians. Because of the urgency of the move, Tiamat ordered Sematariux to leave behind its remaining eggs.
Sematariux was obsessed with its failure to become a Balaur and with inflicting the same pain and rage on the Elyos and Asmodians that lived within it. It continued its attempts to extend its life for even a moment longer, and did not care about the eggs it had left behind. But Padmarashka could not abandon its eggs. It believed that until its final breath, it had a duty to protect its eggs, and swore not to leave the cave until the last egg hatched.
– Padmarashka, an existing field boss monster, boasts great strength. But it unveils a new look as the boss monster of ‘Padmarashka’s Cave’.
– The entrance to ‘Padmarashka’s Cave’ is the same as the existing Dramata’s Hideout entrance
– The entrance rules are as follows:
The existing item ‘Sematariux’s Hideout Key’ will now be changed to ‘Padmarashka’s Cave Key’.
3. We have added a feature that allows you choose whether to start at Stage 1 or Stage 7 when you enter the Empyrean Crucible’.
– If you start at Stage 7, you cannot acquire points from Stages 1~6.
The Training is about to start.
Will you start with Stage 1? Or will you forego the beginner’s stages and go straight to Stage 7?
If you do not have the courage or will, I suggest you start with Stage 1!
*Start training at Stage 1.
*Go directly to Stage 7 training.
*End the conversation.
4. Increased the number of points you can acquire by killing Vanktrist in the Empyrean Crucible.
5. There is now a set chance of the Tahabata Repelled Scroll being dropped during the Empyrean Crucible Stage 9 Bonus round.
6. If you formed a group manually and then entered the Empyrean Crucible by using the auto party matching system, you would occasionally get kicked from the instance. This has been fixed.
7. If a match ends while you are dead in the Dredgion or Chantra Dredgion, you were still able to use a Reviving Elemental Stone if you had it in your possession. This has been fixed.
8. If you entered the Dredgion while playing the Empyrean Crucible, the UI for the points score would not get adjusted. This has been fixed.
9. After the outer wall of the Esoterrace Bio Lab collapsed, some of the remaining fragments were occasionally visible. This has been fixed.
1. Added Crucible items for purchase.
– New items that can be purchased with Crucible Insignia and Courageous Crucible Insignia.
– A second Conditioning item that can be purchased with Crucible Insignia.
– If you already owned the first Conditioning item and you take this and a specific number of Crucible Insignias to a Socketer, then you will be able to purchase the second Conditioning item.
-The second Conditioning item that you purchase through the Socketer has different stats than the second Conditioning item that you can purchase with just the Crucible Insignia. Because it is a newly purchased item, you cannot retain the enchantments, manastones, godstones and combinations that are applied to the first Conditioning stone.
If you condition an item up to Level 2, both the Level 1 and Level 2 conditioning stats will be applied.
– Added items that can be conditioned up to Level 2.
– Conditioning items can be purchased at the General Goods Store.
– Added Fabled class accessories that can be purchased with Crucible Insignia.
2. Modified Eternal items dropped by Padmarashka, and added new ones.
– Added Eternal class armor.
– Replaced the existing Eternal class weapon with a new one.
– The new Eternal items that you acquire are untradeable.
3. Added and modified Eternal items dropped by Enraged Veille and Enraged Mastarius.
– Modified the stats of the Eternal armor.
– If you already have an older version of this armor, its stats will not change.
– Replaced the existing Eternal weapon with a new one.
– The new Eternal items that you acquire are untradeable.
4. Modified the stats of the Laestrygos’ Mirage items.
5. The existing scroll items Kaisinel Academy Teleport and Marchutan Academy Teleport used to be purchased only with Crucible Insignia. Now, they can be purchased with Kinah.
– The scrolls can be purchased from a General Goods Store.
– The scrolls are now tradable.
– The scrolls can only be used by characters Level 45 or higher.
6. The Blessing of Concentration and Blessing of Devotion Effect items (used on Veille’s Aetheric Concentrator) will no longer be available for purchase.
– However, if players already own these items, they will now be able to sell them in a store.
7. Fixed a problem where certain items would appear distorted when equipped.
8. Fixed an issue where dye could not be applied to some items that were intended to be dyeable.
1. When flying or gliding, you will no longer be able to automatically use items in a pet’s inventory.
2. After feeding fortune pets until they were full, if you disconnected and then logged back into the game, the amount of time left for you to feed your pet again was incorrect. This has been fixed.
3. Added more items to the reward bundle given out by the Runaway Poppy pet.
4. Fixed a graphics bug that sometimes occurred when pets attempted to fly.
1. Reduced the amount of DP used by the following skills, from 3000 to 2000:
– Gladiator skill ‘Daevic Fury I’.
– Templar skill ‘Hand of Healing I’.
– Ranger skill ‘Destruction Trap I~III’.
– Assassin skill ‘Wind Walk I’.
– Sorcerer skill ‘Tranquilizing Cloud I’.
– Spiritmaster skill ‘Disenchant I’
2. Increased the duration of the Movement Speed Reduction of the Ranger skill ‘Call Gryphu I’ from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
3. Reduced the cooldowns of the following skills:
– Ranger skill ‘Nature’s Resolve I’, from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
– Assassin skill ‘Apply Poison I~IV’, from 2 minutes to 10 seconds.
– Assassin skill ‘Apply Deadly Poison I~IV’, from 2 minutes to 10 seconds.
– Assassin skill ‘Blinding Burst I’, from 10 minutes to 3 minutes.
– Assassin skill ‘Quickening Doom I’, from 1 minute 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Spiritmaster skill ‘Armor Spirit I’, from 5 minutes to 1 minute.
– Chanter skill ‘Blessing of Wind I~V’, from 1 second to ‘Cast Instantly’.
4. Increased the Magical Accuracy of all the Ranger’s ‘Trap’ skills.
5. Assassin skills ‘Dash Attack I~IV’ and ‘Throw Dagger I’ no longer share a cooldown timer.
6. Elyos Cleric skill ‘Slashing Wind I~II’ and the Asmodian Cleric skill ‘Punishing Wind I~II’ no longer share a cooldown timer with ‘Hallowed Strike I~V’.
7. Increased the range of the Cleric skill ‘Divine Spark I~III’ from 15M to 25M.
8. Increased the accuracy of the Chanter skill ‘Binding Word I’.
9. When using the Ranger skill ‘Seizure Arrow I’, the wrong system message would be generated. This has been fixed.
1. Added new quests related to the 3rd Crucible instance.
2. Added new quests related to the Padmarashka’s Cave instance.
3. The monster in the Sematariux quest now has a different name when it leaves its hideout.
4. Modified an existing quest related to the Stormwing quest in Beshmundir Temple, and added a new quest.
– Quest modified: Even without completing the quest at Beshmundir Temple, you can activate the Rift Orb.
– Quest added: After completing the final quest in the ‘Magical Essence’ (Elyos)/ ‘Opening the Prison’ (Asmodian) quest series, you can accept an additional reward quest that allows you to acquire XP and items.
5. Modified the ‘Agent’ quests that you are able to acquire when your faction occupies all fortresses in the opposing faction’s territory in Balaurea. If you have already acquired one of the existing quests, then it will automatically be replaced with the new one following the 2.7 update.
– If you help the Empyrean Agent to successfully defend the castle, an Adjutant will appear. Speak to the Adjutant to receive items and XP for your help.
6. Modified some of the Asmodian daily/weekly mentor quests.
7. Modified the Inggison, Gelkmaros daily/group quests that give Platinum Medals as rewards so that everyone in the group can acquire the quest items dropped by monsters.
8. Modified the number of Platinum Medals you can earn as rewards for the alliance, league, spy and daily quests in Inggison and Gelkmaros.
– [Alliance], [League] Quests: 2 Platinum Medals
– [Spy/Daily] Quests: 3 Platinum Medals
9. Added new manastones to the level 30, 40, 50, and 60 Manastone and Manastone Bundle quest rewards.
– Added Magical Accuracy and Resist Magic manastones to the Level 30, 40, 50 Manastone and Manastone Bundle quest rewards.
– Added Magical Accuracy, Resist Magic and Healing Boost manastones to the Manastone and Manastone Bundle quest rewards.
10. The [Elyos] Medicinal Tails quest was ending at the wrong location. This has been fixed.
11. In the [Elyos] Someone Superior quest, Titirunerk the Two Faced was recovering HP too quickly to allow players to fight him. This has been fixed.
12. During the ‘Omega’s Fragment’ and ‘Shining Scroll’ quests (which you can receive once you kill the Inggison protector Omega and the Gelkmaros monster Ragnarok), if you lose your quest item, you can get another from ‘Somia’ (Elyos) or ‘Gianna’ (Asmodian).
13. Increased the average number of Gold and Silver Coin Chests you can acquire through existing daily quests.
– Elyos Quests: Desert Dangers, Kerubs in Kuriullu, Ettin Jerky, Deathsong Corruption, Dousing the Flame Tribe, Taking out the Trash, The Aggressive Undead, Eradicating Undead, Weapon of Draconute, Termination Klaws
– Asmodian Quests: Protecting Tripeed, Thinning the Ranks, Beluslan Pest Hunt, Combat Miners, Eliminating the Flame Tribe, Putting the Past to Rest, Ghosts of Anair Harbor, Decimating Bakarma Legion, Bloodburn Klaw
14. Fixed typos in several quests.
1. Modified the number of Platinum Medals awarded for winning a Fortress Battle in Balaurea based on the number of participants and their ranks.
2. Reduced the range in which your contribution is recognized during fortress battles in Balaurea.
1. Treasure Boxes will no longer give relics to players in mentor groups.
2. Fixed a glitch that allowed characters to glide without using up their flight time under certain circumstances.
1. Added an instance zone tab to the map window.
– Displays a detailed list of instances, as well as the cooldown times of your group members.
– If you select an instance from the list, then the map will show the zone where that instance is located, and the instance icon on the map will blink for a short time to highlight it.
2. The in-game Game Guide information can now be viewed in the in-game Game Guide browser.
3. Fixed some incorrect system messages regarding limited possession items.
4. Fixed several of the shortcut key functions, which were not working properly.
1. Made some changes that affect battles involving ‘Enraged Veille’ and ‘Enraged Mastarius’, when the enemy faction occupies fortresses in Inggison and Gelkmaros.
– Removed the device that would activate a powerful skill by using an item placed in close proximity of the Agent.
– Changed some aspects of the mobs’ combat tactics.
1. Simplified the features displayed on the transparent map.
– On the map’s quest indicator, it shows the areas in which you are currently running quests, as well as NPC information.
– Location names are now displayed on the map.
– Reduced the size of the transparent map when viewing the whole thing at once.
– When the quickbar is unlocked, you can view different areas of the transparent map.
– You cannot do this while the quickbar is locked.
2. Added maps for Marchutan Academy and Kaisinel Academy.
3. Fixed a bug that prevented players from opening private stores in some areas where it was intended that this should be allowed.
4. When clicking the Close (x) button on upper right hand corner of the Aion Client, the Client will no longer close right away, but rather will show a timer that counts down from 10 seconds (much like the existing Quit option).
5. Made some changes to the default options in the ‘Game Options’ menu.
– Only characters created following the 2.7 update will have these settings by default. The settings you chose for your existing characters will not change.
– However, clicking the ‘Default’ button in the lower left corner of the options window will change the settings to the new default value.
– The following settings are now turned on by default (for newly created characters after 2.7).
6. Players can now freely teleport to the Cloister of Kaisinel and the Convent of Marchutan, regardless of character level, using the Teleport Statues in the capital cities.
7. Kisks can no longer be placed in certain areas in Inggison and Gelkmaros.
– If a player has a kisk in one of these areas when the change is implemented, , they will get sent back to the Obelisk to which they are bound when they next log in.
8. Tweaked some of the geographical features around the Forest of Antiquity in Inggison.
9. Changed the name ‘Sematariux’s Hideout’ in Inggison to ‘Dramata’s Hideout’.
10. Modified some of the geographical features and structures near the Malek Mine in Beluslan.
11. Changed some of the floating objects around Verteron Citadel.