NCSoft announced today that the next Aion 3.5 update will be released in North America in October. For the first time NCSoft team localized the patch in less then a three months. In our Aion 3.5 video presentation from Gamescom 2012 you can find lots of information about what is new and exciting in that patch. The official announcement you can read below:
Celebrate Aion: Ascension’s Third Anniversary with Aion 3.5, the Most Exciting Content Lineup for Aion Players Anywhere
Seattle, WA – September 17, 2012 – NCsoft®, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), kicked off the celebration of Aion: Ascension’s third anniversary today with themed missions, events and challenges all culminating in a fight with the mighty Dragon Lord, Tiamat, as part of the content coming the latest free update to the game, slated to arrive this October. Packed with new features and challenging content, Aion 3.5 provides players with the opportunity complete the current chapter of lore that has been three years in the making.
Starting this week, players of NCsoft’s Aion: Ascension will be able to participate in a variety of new thematic missions celebrating Aion’s third anniversary such as Shine On! Daeva’s candles where players can collect the Aether Flames to light the magical candle atop the giant Aion third anniversary cake. Other features that players can look forward to with the release of Aion 3.5 include:
- Tiamat Stronghold: The most challenging content in Aion: Ascension to date, Tiamat’s Stronghold is only available to those Daevas who have truly earned it. Tiamat’s defeat is the final chapter in the game-spanning Dragon Lords’ saga.
- Dimensional Vortexes: New dimensions with valuable objectives, these vortexes offer players a new way to raid and PvP
- Daeva for Daeva’s Day: Daeva’s Day is the celebration for existing Daevas, but also a day of hope for humans who have not ascended. On this day, many humans leave their normal lives to seek out adventure in hopes of being recognized by Aion and ascending to immortality. New and existing players alike receive special gifts on this day!
- Fast Track Server: Those who are new to Aion: Ascension can now easily catch up to their friends thanks to the Fast Track server which will allow players to level up twice as fast, before making the switch to a regular server to tackle the challenging end game content.
- And More: Players can look forward to new housing options and community features, a higher legion level cap with new legion quests, new mounts, new arenas a special mystery surprise only for Aion: Ascension fans at the end of the celebration.
Aion’s third anniversary in-game events will begin September 19 and continue through October with the launch of Aion 3.5. Thanks to Aion: Ascension’s Truly Free business model, which allows players to enjoy the entirety of the game completely for free, all of this content will be available to anyone who downloads the game from NCsoft. More information about Aion can be found at http://na.aiononline.com/